So, for those of you who are unaware, which is probably all of you, I am starting a new writing project for the summer. An LJ community called is doing a 100 drabbles of Summer Challenge, in which one strives to write 100 prompts of 100 words apiece between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Because I don’t yet have enough on my plate–note the sarcasm–I figure I will give this little writing exercise a shot.
If there is anyone on my friends list who wants to participate, I would strongly advise that you go join the community and sign up. It should be a good time, and hey, it’s not like you’re forced to write a lot. I worked out the math with my boyfriend, and we figured out that that’s about one drabble a day. 100 words a day. It begins on Memorial Day, and I’m quite looking forward to getting started.
To count, just for my own benefit, here’s what I have under my belt in terms of writing goals for this summer.
1. 100 Drabbles Challenge
2. Finish writing The Hunted
3. Edit The Recruited, to the best of my capabilities.
4. Finish posting Back to Roots to
5. Work on the 100 Prompts Challenge, not to be confused with the 100 Drabbles Challenge, in my spare time.
6. Develop side projects, including the final book in the Nowhere to Hide trilogy.
7. Whatever other challenge or writing goals come my way.
Looks like I’m going to be busy!